Wednesday, July 15, 2009

playing with javascript

One thing missing from Facebook's "shite gifts for academics" is "web page of colleague who has just discovered javascript". Here is a modest example - my reason for learning javascript is partly because I teach a class on formal language theory, and thought it would be useful motivational material to show the students how javascript lets you use regular expressions to verify user input to a web page. And, I wanted to improve the functionality of COMSOC's program page, although by now I guess that collection of papers is yesterday's news.

BTW, another missing gift is "invitation to review paper by unspecified authors that requires you to log on to the publisher's web site using a hard-to-remember user name" - I recently got one of those, but not via Facebook.

No comments: